Full mouth scaling and polishing
Professional scaling and polishing or Oral Prophylaxis involves removal of Plaque & Calculus, Tartar, Food debris and Extrinsic stains. It is very important to get the scale polishing done every six months. Professional cleaning is important because our brush fail to reach certain nick corners of our mouth.
You need not brush all your teeth, just the ones you want to keep Smile.
The two most common Dental procedures are Professional scaling and polishing or Oral Prophylaxis. Scaling and Polishing involves removal of Plaque & Calculus, Tartar, Food debris and Extrinsic stains.
It is very important to get the scaling and polishing done every six months. Professional cleaning is important because our brush fail to reach certain nick corners of our mouth.
What is done in Scaling:
- Scaling is a Dental Process in which the Dentist removes the calculus deposits and stains from in between the teeth. They make you sit on their Dental Chair and with the help of a Scaler, they carefully will clean all the unwanted deposits from the teeth
- At Highgate Dental Centre, in our International Centre, we use World Class equipment. Using our High Definition Intra Oral Camera, our Dentist will show the patient before and after pictures so that they can see the difference and the best results
- Although, Scaling is performed on the teeth but when there is Bacterial infection and Bacteria effect the gums, then scaling is also applied to the roots specially in-cases when periodontal pockets have already formed. This process is known as Root Planing
What is done in Polishing:
- After scaling, usually the teeth surface feels rough, therefore, the process of making it smooth by applying small amount of fluoride and rubbing gently is known as Polishing.
- The polishing results gives relief from sensation and rough surface after scaling
Should I get Scaling and Polishing done?
- Anyone and everyone with varying age should get the Scaling and Polishing done to ensure their Oral Health is good. Overly ignored or when the damage starts , it can lead to more complex procedures therefore, everyone is advised to visit their Dentists at least once in every 6 months
- Someone suffering from Bad breath, Gum Bleeding must see a Dentist immediately and chances are that if they are in the early stages, regular cleaning and polishing will provide a lot of relief
Depending on the severity of the stains and the position of the teeth, the procedure may take one or a few thorough cleaning sessions before the expected results can be achieved. It may take at least an hour to complete the procedure.
We have one of the best dentists in Bangalore who performs Scaling and Polishing every day and we ensure all our patients are happy with the results. The comfort and satisfaction of our Patients are paramount.
We are proud to say that our State of The Art Dental Centre is one of the Best Dental Clinics in Bangalore and you have landed to a correct place if you were searching for Best Dentist for Scaling and Polishing in Bilekahalli, Bommanahalli, BTM Layout, Vijaya Bank Layout, Hulimavi, Devarachikkanahalli, Kodichikkanhalli, Arekere or JP Nagar