A treatment to recreate and restore the natural harmony of decayed or traumatized tooth Structure. It helps in repairing tooth damaged due to wear and tear due to habits which we have consciously or unconsciously such as Nail biting, grinding of teeth, inappropriate brushing, use of chewable smokable tobacco products, carbonated sodas, alcohol.
WHEN DO YOU REQUIRE A FILLING
- When you spot a black hole on your tooth which may be even a peck or bigger
- when tooth is slightly broken or eroded or you feel it is slightly hollow
- when you feel sensitive to hot and cold beverages or food or even normal water
IGNORING THE ABOVE
A lot of people careless to sensitivity of teeth as the tooth has form of adaptability to repair itself To make you feel comfortable but remember that is only to the extent. Your teeth has an outer Shield which we call as the enamel and inner slightly softer layer namely the dentin.
- first sign I told you of a black spot starts at the first layer that is the enamel. This mostly ignored Because you would never feel any discomfort
- second sign sensitivity this where it means your tough enamel layer has worn off and you have to Understand your tooth is actually giving you a warning sign of a underlying problem.
- third and last when you ignore all the above then you start experiencing pain and discomfort Because your tooth’s shields have been destroyed and the nerve is getting infected and finally End doing a complex procedure like Root canal therapy and to protect that tooth you need a cap And end up with a hefty bill
Dentistry is not expensive if you act early and just get your regular dental check ups done and resolve even the mildest of dental issues that you may have.